Monday, August 2, 2010

Purposing in My Heart

O Lord, I worship and praise you – the joy of my life and the treasure of my heart! I know you have a design for my life and for that I thank you. Things may not always go as I would like, but I still trust you. I will always trust you no matter what. I cast myself upon you like a babe resting in his mother’s arms. I know that, like a good parent, You will nurture me and protect me. I know that You may sometimes need to set me straight about some things. I accept your steering God. I will always obey you, and even if I veer off course, I will find your currents again! But, still, I plan on keeping a straight course. I anchor myself in your promises. I rest in your truth. I want to know how this tale is going to end and what lies beyond. I set my heart to follow you all the days of my life. Circumstances will not move me. Be my compass. Steer me through the oceans of life, and help me to navigate the tricky places I may come to. Cause me to know your design for my life and to know my horizon even before I arrive there. I love you God; unabashedly so. Take me to places I would have never dreamed of. Fill my days with who You are. Be my harbour of comfort and rest! I worship you, Lord! I will always trust you!

No comments:

Post a Comment