Monday, August 2, 2010

The Butterfly



The Butterfly



When I was young
I had not a care in the world
Life was leafy, life was peachy
I was young then

 

But darkness came
New seasons spun me into a cocoon
It was scary, it was teary
It was dark then


In that night time
I looked and found hope in my God
He was faithful, I was grateful
In the night time


In that cocoon
I truly discovered who I am
I could sing, I grew wings
It was a safe place

I shed my youth
A new creature gently unfolding
In a new day, with a new name
O, I am lovely


I drink new wine
Dancing flower to flower
Nectar sweet, springtime fields
Now vintage moments

In perfect time
I flutter giddy in bright colour
Joy takes to flight, O what a sight!
Perfect beauty


O what a sight!
See joy in flight!
His time is perfect!




©NnekaEdwards2010

No comments:

Post a Comment