Monday, November 29, 2010

Joie Journal: Home Sweet Home


Dear Journal,

I am grateful. Though I did not come from a perfect home, I am thankful. I thank God for my family. I thank God for my father who taught me to love music. I thank God for my mum who gave me my foundation in English and essay-writing. I thank God for my sister who sent me a plane ticket as a graduation present. I thank God for my other sister who helped me make sense of Spanish and French. If it were not for her care and kindness I might not have become the linguist that I am today. I thank you God that you are the God who builds bridges between people. Darkness seeks to destroy and dislodge relationship, but God brings people together.

I am grateful for my second families all across the world. I thank you God for my Korean families who I will never forget; people who welcomed me into their homes and treated me like one of their own. I thank you for all the special times we had together, laughing, learning and growing to love and appreciate each other. I thank you God for family in Christ – for village chiefs who counsel through character, and little ones whose simple faith, innocent trusting and insatiable curiosity about the world leave little pitter-pat footprints that lead me to discoveries in God. I thank God for fellow tribesmen who all go through the same rite of passage to become true men, battle-ready warriors and mature sons of God. I thank God for the village women who fetch water from wells and springs, refreshing kinsfolk with the life-giving Word of God; and women who sing and pray in chorus as they harvest in the fields of Your Kingdom. Thank You God for many tribes streaming into one Tribe. Thank you for Family!



No comments:

Post a Comment