Monday, October 25, 2010

The Monarch



The Monarch


God designed me from His palette rich
And smiling said, “It’s good!”
“But what’s so good,” I asked the Lord,
“About being a tiny egg?
How I wish I could fly instead!”
 

Just trust me, said my King.
Just trust me.
Soon I broke out from my shell -
A worm-like little thing;
But I trusted God who cared for me.
When he counseled me once again,
In faith, I believed my Friend.
 

Just trust me, said my King.
Just trust me.
I morphed into a caterpillar;
Green and plump and bright;
I loved the skin he painted me in.
I said, “Thanks God, this is great!”
But He gently said, “No, wait.”
 

Trust me, said my King.
Just trust me.


 
I gobbled milkweed every day -
A poison to my foes.
They never dared to munch on me,
For my diet was to make God pleased.
 

I trust you, my King.
I trust you.


 
He hemmed me into green and gold,
Then a clear protective skin.
Still the cocoon made me doubt,
God said, “Fear not! Soon you’ll see
Who you were always meant to be.”


Trust me, said my King.
Just trust me.


 
It was a lonely time in there!
And wow, I sure waited long.
Yet I kept my eyes on Him.
My soul became a complex maze.
Even in sorrow I sang His praise.



Fear not, said my King.
Your trust is a precious thing.

Finally, the day arrived
When God’s promise did come true.
I spread open new bright wings;
Black, orange and speckled white;
Now I’m a monarch regal in flight.


 
Because I trusted my kind King
He’s made me more than I ever dreamed.
At every stage he fashioned me
As only His genius could.
“You see,” He said, “It’s good!”



My special child,
You can always trust me!

 
©NnekaEdwards2008



No comments:

Post a Comment