Monday, October 25, 2010

Building Up My Faith


O God, I thank you. In the midst of dark days and much sorrow in the earth, I praise you. I lift up my hands to you to say that I trust you. I am grateful to you for your loving-kindness and shepherd concern. I am just a witless sheep, so I follow you. Teach me the sound of your voice for you say that your sheep know your voice and follow you. Though desert landscapes are stretching across the planet, I know that you are leading me to green pastures – the pastures of your Word, places where your speaking is rich, and where you pour life into my very being. I come before You God to say that I cast myself upon you. I will not trust my own ideas, or my own strength or intelligence. I trust in you completely. Whatever you say, I set my heart to do. Guide my steps, O God. Make them sure like hinds feet, like gazelles graceful as the arch of your bow. I understand that life is a journey and that, like my father Abraham, I am only to settle in the fact that there is no settling. I am eager to discover who You are and who You have called me to be. So, as I journey through life and journey through times of little and times of plenty, times of peace and times of battle, as I journey through your times and seasons, I am looking for a dwelling place … and that dwelling place is You. I have set my heart on pilgrimage, and like my father, Abraham, I am seeking a city whose architect and builder is God. So God, make my heart soft towards you. Give me a heart that is quick to obey. Let me be one who would bring you delight. Fill my heart with faith, cause me to trust you and let my life be full of tales of your goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment