Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ennobling My Soul



O Lord, thank you for the nobility of the Kingdom. I thank You for this noble quest called The Faith. It is a journey of great honour that only those of true courage and daring are worthy to call their own. I choose to believe you, I choose to obey you, I am determined to lay hold of you and not let you go. I will grapple with You like my father, Jacob, and not let You go until You bless me and change my name. I will not let You go. I will journey from what I have always known and who I have always been, to a better place – to a place that You will show me; I echo the faith of that heroine, Ruth. Where You go I will go. Your people will be my people, and where You stay, there I will stay! I only go where I know I will find You and there I will dwell. Though I am clay and I am human, I know that You have designed me to be a vessel of honour. Fill me with the best of who You are. Let me be like my father, David, who fought the mighty and prevailed, who was a man of excellence, who walked in a spirit of honour and nobility, who was a king long before he assumed the throne. Cause me to be a person of honour like Enoch who set his heart to walk in your ways, to stay his course through the boundlessness of time and eternity. I choose to live like Noah, who was a righteous man in his generation; I choose to please you. I choose to seek after you. I choose to believe you even when I do not fully understand. Let the glory of your goodness be engraved in my very being with all the patterns of who You are. Give me strength for my battles! Give me wisdom to outsmart the odds which have arrayed themselves against me! Let my spirit be weighty and my soul full of honour and nobility. Be honoured in my life, God, for you are honourable. Make me worthy of your favour. Let my valley of Baca, my valley of sorrow become a watered place – a place of springs – as I journey on in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment