Saturday, April 17, 2010

Run for the Prize




Run for the Prize

Shoot the gun
Now off I run
Not just for fun
I’m racing towards the finish

So long I trained
Now I strain
In life’s great games
To reach the finish line

My legs I pump
Over hurdles jump
How my heart thumps
As I move towards the ribbon

But it’s a marathon
A race that’s long
That must be won
As I race towards the ribbon

This is no sprint
Set my face like flint
Faith is my mint
That powers me to the end

I keep on straight
Won’t deviate
Time won’t wait
The end is not far off

Strength to strength
In a mighty test
A holy quest
To cross the Finish line

Hear loud cheers
As the Finish nears
My jewel rare
To hear God commend

O, well done!
Olympian
You have run
The race I wrote for you!

You have been proven
Faithful and true!
Good and loyal servant!

©NnekaEwards2008

No comments:

Post a Comment