Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Hiding Place


My Hiding Place

You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalms 32:7



You are my hiding place -
A homey cleft in the mountains.
Hanging orchids shower velvet speckles.
Bright-bellied bluebirds twitter past,
Playing among the floral feeders.
I rest in a hammock, swinging sweetly;
Reclining beside me in a special stand -
A hairy coconut crowned with a gold hibiscus,
With an orange-spiral periscope straw.
The cool water flows down like sweet springs,
Or like a waterfall spilling over cool, mossy rocks.
Peace cascades through my being.
Garden beauty blossoms my very soul.
Flowery Spring-drizzles bring
Comfort, joy, kindness.
They make melody in my heart.
They offer a honeypot of laughter -
Joy-harmony as cheery as tinkling chimes.
They fill my soul with songs
That stream from His river of delights;
Flowing from forever into forever;
Streaming through me
As I hum, sing, choir, worship.
I see dew drops mirroring flowery images
Like an orbed gift of water-framed sweetness.
I see the dawn gold-gilding the horizon,
Heralding the beauty of a new day.
I see, I sense, I feel
Promises, truth, hope, tomorrow
I hear, I taste, I touch
Faith, strength, goodness, God
I am loved here
I belong here
I am safe here
I find Him here
Where it is beautiful, pure and quiet;
In the sweetness of my musings;
In trust, innocence, solitude, stillness;
This serene cleft - a high secret;
You are My Hiding Place.


©NnekaEdwards2006


He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him will I trust.”
Psalm 91:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment