Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pour Me a Mug!






Pour Me a Mug!

Pour me a mug of clear gold,
With foamy froth to quench my soul.
Yes, pump me a beer from a bottomless keg.
It’s oooooh so good, but no need to beg,
To have a friendly glass of good, old hops,
Far more ancient than a Bacchus romp.

Pour me a mug of liquid gold -
That perfect brew of God’s clear Word.
Yes, pump me a beer from that bottomless well.
My taste buds tingle for that refreshing blend,
That smacking taste of profound Truth
For a sober drunk to chase his blues.

Pour me a mug of crystal ore.
No other ales need I explore.
Yes, pump me a beer from His bottomless heart,
Where friendship with God is the best part
Of a round of drinks in a lively pub,
Where brothers down contented mugs.

Pour me a mug of that river of life.
I’ll drink deeply from His streaming delights.
The sweet foamy Spirit spilling light
Is the wizened counsel of a Saintly Sprite.
So here’s to a cask of wisdom old
And the joy of ever tippling gold!


©NnekaEdwards2006

No comments:

Post a Comment